SWIS Symposium 2018 Registration - Early Bird Price
SWIS Symposium 2018
The Top Powerlifters, Bodybuilders, Doctors, Therapists, Trainers, Strength Coaches, and Nutritionists all presenting their best information.
- Date: October 26-28, 2018
- Place: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, which is just outside of Toronto.
- Symposium Hotel: Hilton Hotel,
- 6750 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 2L3
- Symposium Streams: Training, Treatment, Rehab, Nutrition
- Friday - Oct. 26 - 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday - Oct. 27 - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Sunday Oct. 28 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
September 29 - October 25, 2018
$599.00 Can./$470.00 U.S.
Oct. 26, 2018
At the Door
$999.00 Can./$775.00 U.S.
And here is the incredible presenter list for SWIS 2018:
SWIS 2018 Training Stream
Matt Nichol – Art and Science of Training, Coaching, and Developing Team Sport Athletes
Bill Kazmaier and Ed Coan – Legendary Powerlifting Workshop
- Matt Wenning – Bench Press Technique Workshop
- Christian Thibaudeau and Mai-Linh Dovan -The Best Exercise Strategies for Optimal Restoration, Activation and Workout Preparation
- Lorne Goldenberg – Progressions and Regressions of Strength Exercise
- Dave Tate – All I Need To Know About Life, I Learned In The Gym
- Jim Wendler – High School Strength Training
- Mindi O’Brien – Tips, Tricks and Advanced Posing Techniques for Bikini, Fitness and Physique Competitors Workshop
- John Meadows and Dr. Scott Stevenson – Advanced Bodybuilding Training, Nutrition and Drugs
- Justin Kavanaugh – Assessment and Strength and Conditioning Programs for Speed
SWIS 2018 Nutrition Stream
- Dr. Eric Serrano - Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Testosterone But Were Afraid to Ask
- Stan Efferding - Vertical Diet
- Luke Leaman - Prepping to Prep: Thinking outside the box of pre-competition nutrition
William Llewellyn – Steroids,SARMs,and other Performance Substances: What you Need to Know, and Should Forget
- Rick Collins – Fitness and Performance Enhancing Drug Laws
- Dr. Robert Silverman – Hormonal Dysregulation due to Toxicity and Organ Dysfunctions
- SWIS Nutrition Panel – Supplements and Steroids 2.0 – Myths, Misconceptions and the Truth
- Victoria Felkar – FemChem: Women's Health, Birth Control and Steroids
- David Sandler – Supplements...The Alternative Solution To Anabolics???
- Dr. Darryn Willoughby – Hormonal Altering Supplements
- Doug Caporrino - The Importance of Hormonal and Micronutrient Testing - How to Read Lab Tests, and Modify your Diet, Supplements and Drugs
SWIS 2018 Rehab Stream
- Paul Gagne – Optimal Shoulder Alignment for Sports Performance
- Brendan Fox – Weight Training Shoulder Pain Due to Scapular Dyskinesis
- JL Holdsworth – Advanced Grip Strength Training
- Dr. Stu McGill and Brian Carroll - Gift of Injury
- Dr.Dale Buchberger – Advanced Rotator Cuff Exercises and Treatment
- Ian King – Does Powerlifting Transfer to Sport?
- Andrew Lock – The Permanent Solution to Anterior Shoulder Pain in Bench Pressing - Protocols for Success
- Karsten Jensen – Shoulder Mobility for The Olympic Lifts
- Eoin Lacey – Sleep and How the Lack of it Affects the Hormonal System
- Ken Whetham and Sheri Whetham - Kettlebell Technique and Program Design
- Dr. Ken Kinakin - Exercise and Nutritional Diagnostics
SWIS 2018 Treatment Stream
- Dr. David Leaf – Advanced Upper Body Muscle Testing Workshop
- Dr. Peter Jaillet – Brain Based Treatment for Upper Body Weight Training Injuries Workshop
Dr. Karim Dhanani –
Hormonal Pathway Blockage Testing and Optimization
- Dr. Mike Leahy– Connecting Diagnosis, Treatment and Function by Manual Methods
Dr. Michael Miletic – Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Heather Pearson – Assessment and Treatment of Female Weight Training Injuries
- Dr. John Rusin – Fixing Dave Tate
- Kelly Armstrong – MPS NeurostimTreatment for Concussion and Brain Trauma Causing Hormonal Changes
- Dr. Fionnula McHale - Women's Emotional and Brain Health
- Janel Vegter – Massage Therapy and Soft Tissue Techniques for Weight Training Injuries
- Dr. Eric Serrano and Dr. Karim Dhanani - SWIS Pain Management Panel
- Jay Campbell and Dr. Keith Nichols - Testosterone Optimization Therapy
- Group Rate – 3 or more – For gyms, studios, clinics, schools, clubs
The Group Rate is $45.00 off per person on the registration rate you sign up with.
Just email a list of the people and their email address to email@example.com and you will get a discount coupon for everyone on the list.
Student Rate – Fulltime Student
The Student Rate is $90.00 off per person on the registration rate you sign up with. Must provide picture of student card. You will get a student discount coupon. Please send name and student card picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
All refund requests must be submitted in an email. No refunds accepted via the phone.
Full refunds less $20.00 if before September 13.
50% refund before October 1
No Refunds after Oct. 10 and no refunds for not attending.
To Book a Room at the Symposium Hotel
•The SWIS Symposium will be held at the Hilton Mississauga / Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre.
Click Here to Book your Room Online
•Hotel Reservation Methods:
By Telephone:Dial 1-800-HILTON (1-800-445-8667)
•Reference hotel name: Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale
•Reference group name: SWIS 2018
•Reference group code: SWIS 2018
If you have a problem booking your hotel online, phone the hotel directly.
FAQ - I just want to see one presentation, can I pay just to see that? Unfortunately no. We cannot logistically monitor that. You can however purchase the video of the presentation afterwards.
FAQ - I can only make it for one day, do you have one day prices?Unfortunately no. We cannot set that up with the symposium scheduled to sell out. It is logistically too hard to monitor the numbers.
FAQ - I cannot make the symposium, will there be an online streaming of the presentations?
At this time no. If I am able to find an inexpensive way to do it with high quality by the fall, that maybe an option. My focus right now is the live event and taking care of the presenters and delegates.
FAQ - Are you videotaping the sessions and will they be available for purchase afterwards?
Yes all the sessions will be videotaped and will be available for purchase 8 weeks after the symposium so they can be edited.
FAQ - CEU/ CEC Will there be Continuing Education Units/Credits for the Delegates?
Yes. I am applying to Canfit Pro, Chiropractic Associations
FAQ - I see you are running five presentation streams at the same time. How do I preregister for these sessions? There is no registration for any sessions, you can go to any presentation, and if you change your mind and want to check out another presentation, no problem. You just might have to stand if there is no seats available. Each of the rooms will be able to hold close to 200 people, so it should be alright. We didn’t have any problems in the past when we did it this way. If you want to make sure you get a seat in a certain presentation, show up early. There is 30 minute breaks between each presentation.
FAQ - There is more than one presenter I want to see at the same time. How do I deal with this? This is what I call a quality problem. My recommendation is to go to the session where you want to ask a burning question to the presenter. Also the interactive sessions like Dr. David Leaf’s muscle testing presentation would be a good one to go to if that interests you since its hard to learn the specific angle and amount of pressure needed on a video. All the sessions will be professionally videotaped and will be available to the symposium delegates at a massive discount.
FAQ - Who is the Symposium For? Generally, it is for the intermediate to advanced weight-training athlete, personal trainers, strength coaches, chiropractors, massage therapists, physiotherapists, physical therapists and medical doctors. Specifically, the symposium is for intermediate to advanced weight-training athletes that are non-competitive or competitive in bodybuilding, powerlifting, figure, fitness, physique and bikini. You will learn advanced techniques on training, supplements, eating plans, rehab and learn how different injuries are treated. It is also for the intermediate to advanced personal trainer or strength coach that is interested in learning new training techniques, nutritional protocols, and help how to rehab weight-training injuries. They will also learn the strategies that doctors and therapists use to fix weight-training injuries so they can intelligently refer their clients to the appropriate healthcare professional for treatment and also get referrals from them for rehab and training. Lastly it is for chiropractors, massage therapists, physiotherapists, physical therapists and medical doctors who are interested in sports medicine and wants to focus part of their practice on weight-training athletes. They will meet and network with high level personal trainers and strength coaches that they can refer their clients to for specific rehab and also get patient referrals from them.
FAQ - Who is the Symposium Not For? The symposium informational level will be intermediate to advanced and more slanted to advanced then intermediate. So if you are a beginner and have only been weight training for a few months, this will be over your head information. If you have been training longer then 6 months and know the names of the exercises and want to learn some new techniques...then come